Juju Quickstart 1.6.0
We are happy to announce the 1.6.0 release of Juju Quickstart!
The new release includes the following new features and fixes:
- Interactive session improvements: highlight active environments.
- Ability to use Juju generated environments not listed in the environments.yaml file.
With Juju Quickstart is now possible to manage imported environments (jenv files), even if they miss
the corresponding entry in the environments.yaml file. It is possible to run Quickstart using
those environments or just remove stale references.
- Use the new charm store API to retrieve the most recent GUI charm revision.
- With the upcoming Juju v1.21 supporting multiple users, Juju Quickstart has been changed not to assume “admin” to always be the user name to be used when connecting to the Juju API. For this reason, both the current user name and password are now displayed in the program’s output. It is also possible to connect to the environment, deploy bundles and log in into the Juju GUI using non-admin credentials.
- Improve the way the environment’s provider type is retrieved.
- Initial support for Ubuntu 15.04 (vivid). The Juju stable PPA (ppa:juju/stable) includes vivid packages.
Juju Quickstart helps both new and experienced users to quickly start Juju and the Juju GUI, whether they’ve never installed Juju or they have an existing Juju environment running.
The program is available on Ubuntu releases 12.04 LTS (precise), 14.04 LTS (trusty), 14.10 (utopic), 15.04 (vivid) and on OS X (10.7 and later). To install and start Juju Quickstart on Ubuntu, run these commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:juju/stable sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install juju-quickstart juju-quickstart [-i]
On OS X, use Homebrew:
brew install juju-quickstart juju-quickstart [-i]
For more details, have a look at this blog post.